Monday, April 13, 2009

Two steps forward...

One step back? Easter was great, but it kind of screwed me. Correction: I screwed me. A weekend of eating the best Portuguese food - and here, I'm thinking I'm being pretty good, not going too overboard. Well? I lost 2 lbs over the course of the week. Gained 2.3 lbs right back over the weekend. EPIC. FAIL.

Isn't it weird how even that little number can make you feel SO much worse? I found myself looking in the mirror and thinking about how fat I looked - like it was that much different from any other day. I've decided I'm going to incorporate more exercise this week. Even if it ends up just being 30 minutes walking around with my dog. But I'm hoping to make it to the gym at least 3 times for an hour at a time.

When I was actually doing well at one point (and lost 15 lbs that I put right back on) I found that mixing up portions of elliptical and the bike worked best for me. In other words, I'd spend 15 minutes on the elliptical and 45 on the bike one day, then 30 minutes each on another, then 40 and 20, etc., etc.

I want to lose 40 lbs before September - when I'll be buying new clothes for the fall semester at school. And at the moment, I refuse to cut and dye my hair (which I desperately want to do) until I lose 10 lbs. It sounds silly, but when it comes to my hair, it's one of the best motivations I have.

1 comment:

  1. Working towards getting your hair done is a great goal!

    You can do it!!!!

    Jess :)

    ReplyDelete